Monday 30 June 2014

Failsworth Carnival with Lisa's Zumba

Once Again I find myself in a situation where I am surrounded by dancing girls. That is every mans dream right? I was one of the lucky few people to play witness to Lisa's Zumba at the Failworth Carnival this weekend.

Some of you may remember me doing this post last summer, and needless to say, thanks to the hundreds of Zumbarettes, it has been one of my most viewed posts. This year, I was invited back to photograph the girls whilst they do their thing. As always, I will try to let the pictures do the talking.


 Day 1, back on the float, travelling through the heart of the town. With spectators on almost every doorstep, you have to admire the bravery of these girls. On a normal class, they would be in a dark hall with the only lights on the 3 ring leaders. Not today however












The second day the Zumbarettes were limited to a field and a stage! but that didn't stop them doing what they do best








Last year, you may recall that this rowdy bunch of ladies, with their enthralling energy, took home the top prize from carnival. This year was no different!





What looked to be uniformed madness, is actually the opposite. Dance routines that are easy enough to follow along to, and even easier to pick up. Some of the spectators even found themselves dancing along.




 although, not everyone was as impressed... though it may have just been a long day...





So what are you waiting for? Head over to Facebook and Lisa's website to find the info. Classes are £4, but your first one is free!
http://www.dancewithlisa.co.uk/
https://www.facebook.com/lisas.classes


And here... have some more photos
















.... And finally. Here is a picture of me and my lovely!







No comments:

Post a Comment